Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (Monday, October 13, 2008)

Outside My Window...it is the middle of the afternoon and there is a break in the drizzle...the sun is trying to peek through the clouds and everything green is looking that much greener because of the morning rain!

I am thinking...what a fabulous Thanksgiving long weekend we're enjoying!

I am thankful for...leftovers! but more importantly: for family that traveled to come visit...for the sunshine we had most of the weekend...for the long walks and board games we enjoyed...for the new memories we created! I am very thankful to my Swedey, who did all the dishes by himself all weekend long! xx

From the kitchen...there will be very little going on today...it's been an extra busy place for the past couple of days!

I am wearing...comfy clothes!

I am creating...absolutely nothing today!

I am going...to hang out at home with my Swedey for the rest of the day!

I am reading...a bit of everything today: blogs, magazines, cookbooks, etc.

I am hoping...to get to bed early tonight.

I am hearing...the lack of sound.

Around the house...it seems very quiet now that our guests have gone back home.

One of my favorite things...was the power outage that happened last night...power went out just as I was taking a picture of all of us sitting down to our Thanksgiving dinner...the candles had already been lit---the timing could not have been more perfect for us! (I'm thinking that may not have been the case for the other 200, 000+ that were affected.) Our after-dinner walk was very peaceful as it was very quiet in the neighbourhood.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: a trip out to the Gardens to see the Fall colours...drop off donations...continue with my Christmas cards...more walks and picture taking...and I think baking some peanut-butter-chocolate-chip cookies might be a good idea too!

Here is picture thought I am sharing: Love the layering of colours!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That is a beautiful picture! Sounds like wonderful times with family!