skip to main | skip to sidebar

A SIMPLE SUNRISE

and other memorable moments that bring joy to my daily living...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ghosts of Christmas Past Walking Tour

For a variety of reasons that will surprise even the most serious spook fans, Victoria is the most haunted city in Canada, and the stories the Ghost Walks guides regale you with will fascinate you — and maybe also frost your blood a bit. For you non-believers — yeah, I know you're out there — this stuff is for real. John Adams, a respected Canadian historian with a Master's Degree in Museum Studies, has spent many years investigating paranormal phenomena in Victoria, and his findings are accepted by colleagues worldwide. Yep — the stories can run chills up and down your spine. But they're all based on scholarly investigation and happenings that are still observed today by respected citizens. Want to learn more? Visit their website at www.discoverthepast.com click on "Ghostly Walks".
Posted by DART at 12/27/2008

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Kinda scary.:-o

December 28, 2008 6:53 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

My Other Blog

  • I JUST POINT AND CLICK
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    16 years ago

Thanks for coming by. I would love to hear from you: please leave a comment so I know you visited!

Thanks for coming by. I would love to hear from you: please leave a comment so I know you visited!

ALWAYS a good time to drop by...

Gratitude Dance

  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9z2ELaBVJY

Generous Giveaways

  • Listing of Blog Giveaways

Ugg Boots

uggs

House and Home

  • Sugar Pie Farmhouse
    Fall Goodness
    5 years ago
  • The Vintage Housewife
    Spring has sprung! Matilda's Mouse Vintage Market
    11 years ago
  • Small Space Style
    I've moved ....
    11 years ago
  • The Old Painted Cottage
    Closet Remodel: Behind the Scenes, Including our Wood Wall
    12 years ago
  • Daisy Cottage
    For Now....
    15 years ago

Crafty and Creative

  • Hemidemisemiquaver Design
    Summer Beach-Themed Crafts for Family Fun
    1 year ago
  • Pine Is Here
    taylored expressions - petal prints kit
    3 years ago
  • All the Things I Love
    Dragons and Ladybugs!
    5 years ago
  • Just Something I Made
    New Branding and A New Moda Fabrics Family Member
    6 years ago
  • My Time, My Creations, My Stampendence
    State Your Case
    13 years ago
  • Zany Not Crazy
    Hip HOP CHA Releases
    14 years ago
  • The Technique Zone
    Piecework using Friendly Plastic
    15 years ago

Bloggie Buddies

  • Paper Sunshine
    Bridge Card - Airplane
    1 week ago
  • Cheryl's Place
    5 years ago
  • Shabby Pickle
    10 years ago
  • Purplragsncats
    12 years ago
  • Holey Cow
    OH OH OH!
    15 years ago
  • Monkey Girl
    A Blog Giveaway From A Friend
    15 years ago
  • Family Day
    Fun with Family & Friends.
    15 years ago

Sweden

Swedish/European

  • lottens vita och gröna
    7 years ago
  • Stempelgalsverden
    DT bidrag for Papirdesign
    8 years ago
  • belle blanc
    "Meer" Leben...
    9 years ago
  • Moderncountry
    Early autumn
    10 years ago
  • min lilla veranda
    10 years ago
  • Lisbeth sin lille verden
    PEPPERKAKEHUS
    11 years ago
  • myownhome
    Återbrukad spegel
    11 years ago
  • ♥ Fyra årstider - mitt liv på landet
    Jag känner våren
    12 years ago
  • Välkommen till Grindelunda
    Hej igen...det var ett tag sen sist!
    14 years ago
  • Älskar sött...
    Mysutflykt till *Frenillas bod* med hela familjen !!!
    14 years ago
  • UNIK KOLLEKTION WEBBUTIK !!!
    Du som har företag och vill bli återförsäljare till Unik keramik!??....
    15 years ago
  • Heaven
    Äntligen en schäslong!!!
    15 years ago
  • Guldkant På Livet
    Jag har bytt blogg!!
    17 years ago
  • a´la Nettan

Food and Health

  • Smitten Kitchen
    peach cobbler loaf
    2 weeks ago
  • Full Bellies
    Menu Plan for the next two weeks - July 15th to 29th, 2026
    2 months ago
  • Pioneer Woman
    This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
    6 years ago
  • Once Upon a Plate
    Honey Sesame Chicken (Slow Cooker) and two other things . . .
    12 years ago
  • My Kitchen Cafe
  • Passionate About Baking

Simple, Green and Authentic Living

  • Down to Earth
    The blog is closing
    6 months ago
  • The Good Human
    What is The Best Way To Recycle Waste Materials?
    2 years ago
  • Unclutterer
    Easy Cast Iron Cleaning: Maintain Your Skillet
    2 years ago
  • Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
    Hepatica americana… Our First Sign of Spring
    3 years ago
  • My Simpler Life
    By: Beth Dargis
    3 years ago
  • Positively Present
    The 10th Annual Gratitude Challenge!
    5 years ago
  • On Simplicity
    Comment choisir et tenir sa pagaie de Stand Up Paddle Gonflable ?
    6 years ago
  • Get Organized Now
    Organizing a Breakfast Plan
    15 years ago
  • Less is More Balanced
  • Awake is Good
  • Suite101: Green/Simple Living Articles

Sites I Like to Visit

  • 100-Day Challenge
  • Apartment Therapy
  • Broarne
  • Buy Handmade
  • Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
  • Craftster
  • Design Sponge
  • Dumb Little Man
  • Ett lingon
  • Living or Surviving
  • Martha
  • On Simplicity
  • Skona hem
  • Small Note Book
  • Top 100 Simple Living Blogs
  • Zen Habits

Favourite Quotes

  • Wear the old coat and buy the new book.
  • ~ Austin Phelps
  • Never judge a book by its movie.
  • ~ J. W. Eagan
  • A home without books is a body without soul
  • ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Blog Archive

  • August (31)
  • September (25)
  • October (31)
  • November (26)
  • December (33)
  • January (23)
  • February (16)
  • March (9)
  • April (12)
  • May (15)
  • June (14)
  • July (19)
  • August (18)
  • September (18)
  • October (22)
  • November (27)
  • December (18)
  • January (13)
  • February (15)
  • March (24)
  • April (4)

About Me

My photo
DART
Vancouver Island, BC
I'm an open book...those that know me, know me! Those that don't, should! *grin*
View my complete profile

Simplify Your Life

My spirits are raised by living simply and sharing daily. I am inspired by simple, everyday things and actions: picnics, books, walks/hikes, photography, crafting, a cup of tea, baking, cooking, organizing, adventures, camping, good food, finding or making the perfect gift, keeping house, learning, crossword puzzles, listening to music, daydreaming, wildflowers, RAKs, little farm markets, exploring, fleece, meditating, nature, keeping/starting traditions, surrounding myself with colour, laughing, watching movies, spending time with the kids in our life, collecting red peppers & chili peppers, Crocs, road trips, pondering the meaning of life and most importantly, enjoying time with my Swedey, our family and our friends. Of course there are more ideas that I could add --the list is endless really...

You'll find that my blog is about all the things I find interesting, informative, and/or inspirational. Or maybe just stuff that I've been up to and enjoyed or didn't. All things simple. Back to basics. Handmade. Homemade. Simplified. Organized. Ordinary. Genuine. Uncomplicated.

Welcome to my blogging space!

Thoreau

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.

He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate.

However mean your life is, meet it and live it: do not shun it and call it hard names. Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Things do not change, we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts. God will see that you do want society.

It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.


Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.

The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Our houses are such unwieldy property that we are often imprisoned rather than housed in them.

What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?

Name Tags

Name Tags
Lovely name tag made for me by either a very thoughtful friend, or generous stranger. I love ALL the name tags I have collected over the years and appreciate the time and effort of those creating them! This is just one more way that I can use them...view them...share them!

Books Read 2010

  • Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  • Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
  • No Ordinary Moments by Dan Millman
  • Create a Magical Life with Gratitude by Dr. Stacey Scott
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Art of Encouragement by Candy Paull
  • Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella
  • Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich

Blog

Visitors

Followers

Passing By...

 

Music Playlist


Writing and photography copyright DART © 2008 unless otherwise indicated.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this material without prior written permission.

All rights reserved.