Friday, July 17, 2009

Antler Lake




This special spot holds lots of childhood memories...
it's a shame it's in jeopardy
.
Judith Lavoie: Cash-strapped forestry companies are aiming their chainsaws at patches of old-growth trees in easily accessible areas as they struggle to keep costs down while harvesting high-value timber. The decision is leading to increased clashes with communities as companies log in areas close to towns, which have often been left alone for generations and therefore used as recreational areas. Get the full story HERE

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is so beautiful! So sad that they want to destroy that scene. We have an area where I grew up that the government wanted to sell (part of the National Forest) and had developers in line to buy and build houses there. That would ruin it. Of course there is always more to the story but I won't bore you any further. Anyway, this is such a great picture you took! I can see why it would be a special spot.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Beautiful photos...beautiful place. Reminds me a little of the area where I grew up, except there were no mountains.

You have a lovely blog!