Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Heard all the rave reviews of this International Bestseller, but sadly, it did not live up to my expectations of it. Thought it was an interesting read, complete with a variety of major themes and twin plot lines, but one that didn't keep my attention as much as I had hoped it would. I had heard and read online how so many others had such a difficult time putting it down...I was able to put it down. Left it for days even. That is rare for me when it comes to reading. I think it was longer than it needed to be...that it took too long to get to the mystery, and that it dragged on far too long after the mystery was solved. However, despite the disappointment, it was an enjoyable read and it was fun to have a new perspective as I haven't read many books that have a Swedish setting. I will read the other two books of the Millennium Trilogy (The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest) at some point in the future, but I'm not going to mind the wait...

1 comment:

Monkey Girl said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't like it that much. I really and truly liked the book. Eric and I just rented the movie and watched it. He's never read the book. The movie was good too. I'm currently reading the 2nd book.