




BACK TO SCHOOL...
it's still three weeks away here and MANY MANY years since I headed
back to school myself...but it's like an old familiar feeling...I loved getting
my school supplies together...organizing my things...the pencils that needed
to be sharpened and colourful binders/notebooks (deciding which colour to use for each subject)...oh, and don't get me started on the wonderful smell of
a brand-new box of crayons! I have in my possession a wonderful collector's tin...I've had it for years...waiting for
the right moment to open...to start using
the right moment to open...to start using
those crayons. Kept thinking I'll wait until one of my nieces or nephews comes
over...and then I'd forget about it. Well, today is the day. I have just opened
my new box of crayons and will be colouring soon! Oops, I forgot to have kids. Does that mean I can't colour? Absolutely not! In fact, I am going to go out and pick up a brand-new colouring book for myself. I am going to drift back to the days when I would spend HOURS colouring...I'm sure my Mom would love to have another one of my 'artful' creations hanging on her fridge. I can share the white space on her fridge with all the grandkids she does have! It's very relaxing too...remember the last
time you coloured? has it been far too long? then get out your crayons and colour with me...you'll be glad you did----and so will the fridge! Guess my art supplies of yesterday, were just the beginning of a habit that my craft room of today can be thankful for! Proving to me, once again, that the past is a part of the present...











2 comments:
That's right, you can color without kids LOL! I do it all the time :) Have you seen those incredible pictures that artist does with crayons? Cowboys and other portraits, just amazing work. So go to it and have fun as you I am sure already are! Post a pic for us :)
That's true...
but I'm still not showing mine! LOL
Maybe one day? : P
Post a Comment