Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun Phone--Decisions, Decisions!

I just LOVE the old-style phones...and have been
trying to find the perfect one for a while now! My
big dilemma was trying to decide between black
and red. LOVE red, but there are so many shades
of it that are not so appealing (know what I mean?)

ANYWAYS,

Today I made up my mind and have decided that
as much as I love red, black would be a better
choice! Problem #1 solved. Problem #2 is now
finding the perfect old-style black phone for us
to use! I am torn between the old rotary ones
and the new-styled ones that look like the old
ones, but actually have touch-tone buttons (but
you can't really tell that from looking at it...well
you can tell if you really stare!) I shall make my
choice soon...because I will be adding this to my
vision board! (Christmas is coming you know!)


Classic. Love it. But do I want rotary? Now
that we are having to dial the area code, this
could be detrimental to my old bones since I
do use the phone a lot...


Modern Classic. It is basically today's version
of the old phone I really like. It's touch-tone
and would be very easy to use. As I type, I'm
starting to remember the old rotary phone and
how, if your finger slipped even a teeny bit, you
would have to start dialing all over again...


Standard Black...old work-horse type that did
not ever seem to have problems. Why is it so
difficult for me to decide? Am I frolicking in
the past again? lol I really need to keep things
simple. I am complicating a matter that is so
trivial. Crazy eh? Welcome to the world of us
THINKERS. We think ALL the time...about
everything!!! I am trying to 'train my brain'
as it were, to stop all this thinking, but after
this many years I know it's going to take time!

The good news is, I did reach a decision about
the colour. Red, fabulous red is out. And that
IS my final decision! *grin*


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

My husband loves the look of the old phones you have pictured! He has a few that he bought at auctions here, so they are authentic vintage. He wants to eventually set up his desk with the vintage look. The old looking ones with touch tone are very cool, the old look with the new technology.

Go with what your gut feeling and show us when you get it.

Cheryl said...

I mean "Go with your gut feeling".