
Dead Like Me. Absolutely loved this series that ran for two seasons (2003-2004). Unfortunately we discovered it after it had been cancelled. What a shame. Besides being filmed right here in Beautiful BC (Vancouver) there was plenty about it that we enjoyed: it was witty and funny -- just so brilliantly written! The cast was amazing...didn't meet a reaper we didn't like! After watching both seasons, we felt let down that it hadn't been continued. Maybe it didn't get the exposure it deserved. Or perhaps the content wasn't appealing to "the masses". It's definitely a dark comedy with a twisted look at life and the possible after life. Not the cup of tea most folks want to drink--but we sure did! Maybe the questions were too controversial for most: What if death is not the end? What if it's not an escape for all that troubles you prior? What if you have to be responsible and accountable? It could have been too big of a wake-up call for too many. Or not. Who knows? That said, I am looking forward to seeing the movie, Dead Like Me -- Life After Death despite a few character changes...it is currently set for release on February 17, 2009 but has been playing as an exclusive on Super Channel since the beginning of the year here in Canada.











1 comment:
DART, Just to let you know I stopped by.
Cheryl - whose blog you read - saw my photo on your blog and said to herself: I know that person. She left a message for me on my Saw Clock post. I contacted her back. Yes, we do know each other! Small world!
Anyway, I just wanted to comment: You had me puzzled by this "Dead Like Me" post until I read your comments. I never heard of this TV show.
From what I have seen and feel that I know about you from our other blog connections is that you are always very positive and upbeat. This "Dead Like Me" simply didn't fit!
I envy you living on Vancouver Island! Aaaaaaah The NW! I am to be 79 years old this year (Oct.) and have lived many places. Yet had never been homesick in my life until I moved here to NE Arkansas. (sigh) Even though I don't like the cold, ice or snow, I really really wish I could be in Spokane now. At least I could get out and about during the other seasons. :D
Here in AR, the heat, humidity, mosquitoes (not to mention snakes) keep me from tromping about for photo-ops like I did in Spokane and N. Idaho.
Right after Jim came to Spokane and we married, I came down here with the intent of helping him close out his home after getting it sold. We had planned on moving back to Spokane, but it simply did not work out. So here I am.
I like this site of yours.
Post a Comment